23 January 2015

Ordinary

Heelllooo,
I was just sitting on my bed and listening to the song 'Ordinary' by Ricky Dillon and I thought about what he's actually singing in his song.
Well, everybody knows the feeling to try to fit into something. It doesn't matter if it is to fit into the school life, family life, friendships or work world. We always have to fit in and pretened to be someone we aren't. Sometimes this can be extremly exhausting because you have to do this for most of the day. When I was younger I always struggled with fitting in, acctually I never did. I tried so hard, to fit into the way my friends were, the way my teachers wanted me to be and my class. I never had any problem with my family but being someone else from 6.30am to 3.30pm was exhausting enough. I experienced this since I was in Primary school. I was, and still I am, a very shy person at first and there are so many people out there who make profit out of that. I think, it's way easier for you to make a person the way you want if you are a little bit shy and not really outspoken. 
Only until 2 years ago I understand that you only can stop to pretend to be someone else, if you are happy with yourself. I know this is very hard and believe me I still struggle with that, but you only can start to be who you want if you excepted who you are. This doesn't mean that you have to look like a supermodel or you have to be the most outspoken person ever. No, this means that you except yourself the way you are. You have not the perfect body shape? Well, how cares? There are so many successfull persons out there who aren't size 0! You aren't the most funny person who entertains the whole room? You don't have to be! You think you don't have any special talent like singing, dancing, drawing or whatever? You don't have to be good at these! There is definitely something you're good as well and why bodering with this you can't instead of focusing on these things you can?!
What I wanted to say is: Not everybody is the same and we don't have to try to be the same as someone else, we are good the way we are!
And if this is ordinary like the usual, fine, but if this is beside of the usual, thats fine as well! I can be myself without copying someone else and I get excepted by all my friends as well and by the people I meet new.
For those who try to change me or don't except me: I really don't care! You can try to change me, but I stay me and I don't even try to be ordinary.
Let's face it: how boring would life be if we all would be the same and walk around in the same things? Yeah, pretty boring.
So try to be how you are and don't give a sh** if you are ordinary and one of the 'cool kids'. You really don't have to be one of those. Well, I tried for 11 years to be one of them and let's face it, I never was one and I never will be one. But I don't care! I'm fine with who I am and that's whats matters!!!

http://www.f-covers.com/cover/taped-mouth-facebook-cover-timeline-banner-for-fb.jpg

Lots of love,   
Jen ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment