21 October 2014

Fan girls

Heelllooo,
today is going to be a bit different then usual. Today I was sitting in my room and listening to music and thought about fan girls. So if you are no fan girl or you hate them so you have to skip this blog post today! Sorry!!! And if you are a fan girl feel free to continue reading and share your thought in the comments below.

First I do want to make something clear: I don't talk about any specific artist or fanbase. Just my thought in general.
What defines a fan girl? If they buy every merchandise? They have all albums and EP's? Follow them on twitter, instagram, facebook or any other social plattform? I don't think so. I think you are a fan girl if you do enjoy listening to the music and you support the artist. No matter if it's with buying everything of the artist or tell your friends about them.
Because artist have so many fans, they develop a fanbase and these fans going to stick up together. The fans are starting creating facebook groups where you can join a big family and share your experiences, your thoughts and your feelings. They start to run update accounts, which are followed by thousends of users.
I do want to talk about these groups for a second. When I was in my room today I thought about these groups and I noticed how amazing this is. I am in a group myself and I read through some comments and I never really realized how amazing the people are to each other. They support each other, help them with advises to all types of topics and it is an amazing plattform where you can express your feeling toward the artist without getting judged by others because everyone feels the same there. The people do not only start to supporting their favourite artist, no, they also start friendships. I personally found a friend through a artists and I'm so happy to meet her. You genially can meet very nice and friendly persons there if you are willing to meet new people.
Fan girls are so much more than only 14 year old screaming and crying girls, who can't control their feelings because they are in puperty. There are also older girls who like to conact to others in their age who feel the same way or finding someone who wants to join them at meet ups or even going to a concert together because you don't have a friend who likes the same music and would join you to one. Media can show a total wrong image about them and this is the reason why so many people (I think especially older people) have a wrong imagination about these fanbases.
They think about girls in the street, desperate to see their idols, who would do everything to meet them. Of course every fan girl would love to meet their favourite artists but not all fan girls are like this. This is only a very few percentage of girls like this.

But anyway, what I wanted to say is, that I really admire how dedicated fans can be and I think fanbases are an amazing plattform for all types of persons because this is for so many people a escape to the real world, where they can be exactly who they are or who they wanna be without being judged or critizied.


Lots of love,  
Jen ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment